Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Repair Me! Reconstructive Hair Treatment

I just thought I'd write a brief post to update everyone on the release of the new Repair Me! Treatment, its uses and when to reach for it!

This treatment was actually requested by several different people in different parts of the US around the same time. One in particular has chemically lightened, very fine, slightly wavy hair and needed a stronger dose of protein than our Curl Fix product. I love a challenge and so began formulating a stronger protein treatment. This treatment uses Keratin Protein which is regarded as one of the stronger proteins in that is creates a stronger film on the hair and should also therefore last longer. The trick while formulating, was to find a good balance between strength and moisture. This is one of the hardest things to do as many who use protein treatments will tell you. I only promised to release this treatment if all of my testers reported back that they LOVED the treatment...no LIKES...since I did not want to release yet another product (which costs more $$$$ I barely had since releasing the other 4 products a few weeks ago). A part of me was secretly hoping at least someone would not like it. :-) Nope! The tester with the most damaged hair was the most vocal. "I want a gallon of this stuff once you release it!" she said. Well that did it for me and so here it is!

So who needs it? If your hair is damaged either due to chemicals or physical damage (from say blow-drying or flat-irons), you need it. If your hair is normal-fine, you might want to use it once a week or every 2 weeks just to give your hair extra support and body. All hair types can benefit from a once a month or so treatment just to keep the hair looking healthy and feeling good! This treatment is also good for those who don't like or are sensitive to other types of protein (like say, the wheat protein in Curl Fix), but still want a protein treatment.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to comment below! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Marsha. I can attest (cause I tested this) to those out there that this is a terrific protein tx.

    I used to use Joico K-pak, but I don't need to buy that anymore (though I still have half a tube left). I like this one better, as it has the keratin protein without the mineral oil. My fine hair doesn't like mineral oil. :P

    THANKS for creating this. This, followed by Curl Rehab, makes for super-sproingy curls and less frizz. Yay.

    ReplyDelete