Wednesday, December 16, 2009

End of the Year recap with Curl Junkie!

Hi Everyone!

As we are nearing the end of the year, I thought now would be a good time to tell you what is going on and what is in the works!

As most of you know, I just released 5 new products in the line. What prompted this? The truth is, I love to work on new products. If someone has a hair challenge, I'll usually take it on and see if I can solve the problem. I love working on new things. So, I'd be
working on new products anyway. But, what sealed the deal was the following. I had found a manufacturer about 2 years ago that I teamed up with to make the Curl Assurance Leave-in and Daily Conditioners. I had stopped working with them by the time the product was made and moved on to my current (and much, much better!!) manufacturer. This 1st manufacturer went out of business without notifying their customers, taking our formulas for these 2 products with them.

I have learned not to work jointly with anyone else again to develop a new product, so we won't have to worry about this happening again. That being said, I still have a good inventory of these 2 products and they are currently on 50% off sale. The other products that are being discontinued (Curl Theory, Hair Styling Water and smaller sizes of the CoffeeCoco Curl Creme and Curl Fuel (the 4oz sizes only, not the product!) were strictly due to poor sales. I need to make room for the new products. Once you start to use a manufacturer, it is very expensive to produce each "run" of product/sku.

The new products should, hopefully, round out the line and provide viable options for all hair types. I'll also be making sample pouch sets that will be available for purchase. My hope is that they will be available around the first of the year.

In addition, I'll be introducing the CoffeeCoco Curl Creme-Lite and a cleansing conditioner (for those who have asked for a co-wash product) in mid-January. The CCCC-Lite will be perfect for those who found the original too heavy. The feedback has been fabulous from all hair types (particularly the normal-fine, wavy-curly groups) and it seems to work equally well on dry or wet hair. I am very excited to release these two new products!

Thank you to everyone for reading the post and if you have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will answer as best I can. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! to the cccc lite! Can't wait:) The new products are great! Keep up the great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog:) I am a new natural, so all advice/help is encouraged!! toodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can hardly wait for your sample packs to try your products out!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait for the cleansing conditioner. I love your products and thank you for caring enough to make wonderful healthy products that do not cost an arm and a leg. You are a hero to us curlies.

    ReplyDelete